What’s been going on?
It’s been a while since the last update, but now it is finally time! During this time we’ve been finishing of our course work and started new courses, so we’ve been very busy with school. We have tried to find as much time as possible to work on the game, and we have gotten some stuff done!
What’s been added?
Day and Night cycle has finally been added! Many of you have been asking for this, so we thought it was worth prioritizing! The day and night cycle does not currently affect game play in any way, it is simply aesthetic. It probably will affect game play some time in the future, but we don’t know exactly how yet. To accompany this feature, we’ve added a lantern as well, so you’ll be able to see something during the night. A lot of you have also been asking for some more decorative elements. We haven’t been able to add a whole lot of stuff, but we have added chairs and tables. These are also purely aesthetic at the moment. Plans for the future is to allow you to for example place stuff on the table, such as the crop lot or chests, although this has not yet been implemented. And also, 1.04 saves should work with the new version, so hopefully you don’t have to rebuild your town!
An option menu has been added as well, featuring video options to improve performance, audio settings, mouse sensitivity and invert options. Apart from this, a lot of bugs have been fixed.
Version 1.05 is now available on ITCH!
Please answer our form!
We would really like to know what type of persons play our game! Why you might ask. This is so that we can get a sense of what you want and develop the game to fit you! You are the people that make it possible for us to keep doing what we love and so we want to give you the best possible experience! So please take a minute and answer this FORM! Thank you in advance!
No more Linux and Mac support!
Unfortunately, we will no longer support Mac and Linux. Since we are three people, and we do not work on Linux or Mac, we don’t have the time or resources to develop to these platforms. As the game becomes more complex, more and more problems arise specifically on Mac and Linux, which means we would have to spend too much time fixing those problems. We’re really sorry about this, and we hope to be able to port to these platforms in the future! We hope you understand!
Here follows the full change log (might have missed something) :
- Day and Night Cycle!
- New water
- New buildables:
- New graphics for thatch
- New plant: Beetroot
- New resource: Nail
- Redid collision system when placing objects.
- Options menu which includes video, audio and control settings (more options will come later)
- Save button added separetly so you can exit the game without saving
- You can now hold ‘R’ to rotate items freely and tap ‘R’ to snap 90 degrees.
- Pickup buildable items by hitting breaking them with the axe such as cookingstations, chests and more.
- Bug fix: Stuff placed underneath a ramp should work as intended
- Bug fix: Getting stuck in item nets should not happen any more
- Bug fix: Disapearing items from chests should be fixed.
- Bug fix: You can no longer walk twice as fast by walking diagonaly
- Bug fix: Shark stuck in eat animation
- Bug fix: Interaction range fixed with useable objects such as chests and cooking stations
- Bug fix: Could not build where a building had been destroyed
We hope you have fun playing version 1.05!